" Sir, can you please look at my resume and refer me to a suitable role in your company? "
Messages like this often don't get a response. Here is what you should do instead :)
You need to understand, people don't have time. Make it as easy as you can for them to refer you.
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗱𝗼 :
1. Check the companies job portal and look for the role you think you are a fit.
2. Have your resume ready ( as a PDF )
3. Make sure you are at least close to 70-80% of what the JD says.
4. Make sure you don't apply directly.
5. Send a message with a quick intro, why you are fit for the role ( person referring you has to fill this usually ), link to the role and attach your resume.
6. Explicitly mention you haven't applied directly hoping the person could refer you.
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 :
❌Sending your resume and asking them to refer to any suitable role.
❌Asking the person to pass your resume to the HR
❌Sending long and lengthy messages
❌Trying to be smart, eg: I know you will get a referral bonus, just go ahead and refer.
If you think this post helped, do comment with, " 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗗 " so that it reaches to more people in your network
Also, do tag your friends whom you think this post is relevant.