Skip to main content
Sayantika ChatterjeeTop Contributor
I am a literature student from University of Calcutta and came here to contribute.
Asked a question last year

What is the difference between entrepreneur and entrepreneurship?

Where am I?

In StartupTalky you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Sayantika ChatterjeeTop Contributor
I am a literature student from University of Calcutta and came here to contribute.

Even though both the words "entrepreneurship" and "entrepreneur" might be linked, but by definition they are different. 

• Entrepreneurship is basically the whole procedure of setting up a business by the entrepreneur. He or she identifies the opportunities in the market and take their chances and risks. They direct the resources required to obtain long term gains. It is the attempt to create value. 
  • On the other hand, Entrepreneur is the person who leads the way. He or she endures the risks, gathers the various factors of production and carries out their ideas. Without this person, no idea can turn into an enterprise. It can be one person or a group of people who tries/try to create something new all the time. There are many functions performed by that person such as entrepreneurial, functional, managerial, commercial, financial, etc.