Following are the achievements of the government in the past four years:
- India’s rank jumped to 24 in 2018 from 137 in 2014 on World Bank’s Ease of doing business - "Getting Electricity" ranking.
- In FY19, traffic at major ports stood at 699.05 million tonnes growing at a CAGR of 2.74 per cent from FY08-19 and reached 405.39 million tonnes in FY20T (up to October 2019).
- Five times more growth in major ports’ traffic between 2014-18, compared to 2010-14.
- Six-fold increase in Government spending on telecommunications infrastructure and services in the country – from Rs 9,900 crores (US$ 1.41 billion) during 2009-14 to Rs 60,000 crores (US$ 8.55 billion) (actual + planned) during 2014-19.
- Ministry of Tourism sanctioned 18 projects covering all the North Eastern States for Rs 1,456 crore (US$ 211.35 million) for development and promotion of tourism in the North Eastern Region under the Swadesh Drashan and PRASHAD Schemes.
- A total of 11 projects worth Rs 824.80 crore (US$ 127.98 million) were sanctioned under the Swadesh Darshan scheme.
- Statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, also known as ‘Statue of Unity’, was inaugurated in October 2018 and the total revenue generated till November 2019 is Rs 82.51 crore (US$ 11.81 million).
- Highest ever revenue was generated by Indian IT firms at US$ 167 billion in 2017-18.