Skip to main content
Aniket Singh
Asked a question last year

What is perfect startup team?

Where am I?

In StartupTalky you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Perfect startup must contain below 3 pillars -

1. Someone who know how to build Technologies and system to solve problem.
  2. Someone who understand human factors Behind Those problems, why they exist, what it takes to fix them and how to shape the experience.
  3. Someone who understand how to reach talk to and sell to the people whose problem are being solved and keep finding more of them . In short someone who knows the efficient way to reach the targeted audience.                                                                                                                           Very very few people have all three skills and even if they come closer they are really in perfect balance. In modern business Steve Jobs is the one who came closer which two came arguably25 + years.                                                             Smart smart teams understand quickly that all three skills are essential if you can't recognise the need you won't be able to hire for it value it so how our big you become you always starting up trouble for the more balanced insurgents.

The perfect startup desires a complementary crew:

startup india
startup india

It desires a passionate and driven visionary who is the product person.

It desires a capable execution skill that can supply the products or services in opposition to that vision.

It wishes human beings ability to make certain that the great humans are recruited and retained, and so that warfare in the company is resolved.

It needs administrative ability to make sure that as the organization grows the wheels live on (this talent can come a chunk later – it’s not wanted on day 1)

These talents do not need to be gift in 4 distinct human beings, however most usually it takes at least 2, and commonly three or 4 to lead these areas.

Looking at the achievement factors in greater than 100 corporations I actually have been involved with, the most powerful correlation to success has been the founding team – much extra than the idea, or the quantity of money raised, or almost whatever else I can think of. The fine successes came when there were at least two robust humans, with opposite however complementary capabilities, who had a super deal of mutual accept as true with and respect for another. That commonly required giant previous enjoy and time collectively to build. If I see I a complementary team like that, I would try to find nearly any manner to work with them because I experience the correlation with eventual success is so strong, particularly if they're open-minded to listen to the market and be equipped for a enterprise pivot.

Rajnish SharmaTop Contributor
Content Creator || Android App Developer

My view is the Platonic startup has a founding team of a developer, a designer and a distributor.

The perfect startup has all three founders:

• someone who understands how to build technologies and systems to solve problems;
  • someone who understands the human factors behind those problems, why they exist, what it takes to fix them and how to shape the experience;
  • someone who understands how to reach, talk to and sell to the people whose problems are being solved - and keep finding more of them

The ideal startup has two of the three founders, but all three skills are present between them.

Very few people have all three skills, and even if they come close, they are rarely in perfect balance. In modern business Steve Jobs is probably the only person who even comes close, which arguably took him 25+ years.

I have come to believe during my time as an operator, entrepreneur and investor that the balance of these skills is so important to the long-term health of a business that if balance is not achieved early then the impact later can be profound - sometimes terminal. You can argue that the DNA created by Microsoft's over emphasis on distribution (Steve) and development (Bill), has ultimately cost it $50bn or more in lost revenue, market share and market capitalization. There are many more examples.

Developers have worn the crown for the last 30 or more years in the technology industry - rightly. They are indispensable and the foundation for success. It is right that Google and Facebook pride themselves on being engineering organizations (note - so did Microsoft).

But in the world following Jonathan Ive, designers are finally getting their due. It is interesting to see the emphasis that both Twitter and Quora have put on product design, not just engineering. It is also true that open source and the commoditization of many technologies has put much more emphasis on experience.

But although 

Sean Ellis89

Dave McClure88

and others are trying to put this right, of the three disciplines, the distributor is still the least appreciated skill.

Many of these differences are ingrained - some mentally, but mostly from our education systems which stream students early and don't actively encourage the mixing of hard science, arts and commerce.

Smart teams understand quickly that all three skills are essential - if you can't recognize the need, you won't be able to hire for it or value it. So however big you become, you're always storing up trouble for the more balanced insurgents.