Google penalty can be avoided by ensuring that:
- The website is simple, clean and well-performing
- The website is mobile-friendly
- The website is user-friendly
- Links are not broken
- Content is not duplicate
- Smart keywords and tags are used
- Links passing SEO value to your site should look natural. Make sure a “nofollow” attribute is added to any paid links (such as ads) and stay away from link schemes.
- Stuffing your content with exact repetitions of a key phrase can hurt your search engine rankings. Keywords are important, but use keywords appropriately in a natural-sounding way.
- You must have unique, high-quality web pages to rank.