Similar to that, setting goals in your business will keep you moving forward toward the following:
- Long term vision and direction. Goals define where you ultimately want to go and give you your direction.
- Motivation. As you achieve your short term goals, you and your team will strengthen your operations, refine your processes and receive that extra boost to move onto the next goal. They give you something to visualize. If your goal is to retire to a beachfront house, you can visualize that house.
- The ability to decide and prioritize. When you have specific, well-defined goals it will be easier to make day-to-day decisions in your business. For every decision you have to make, ask yourself: "Which option will help me achieve my long-term goal?" Usually the decision will be much clearer after that
1. Define“realistic” for your startup
2. Be specific.
3. Divide your goal into pieces.
4. Make your goals both feasible and measurable.
5. Always follow your goals.
6. Educate and empower your sales team
7. Properly incentivize your sales team
8. Calculate your ideal monthly sales goal