Focus on Customer Service
According to a study by NewVoiceMedia, 51% of customers will not repeat business with a company after a bad service experience. Other studies have shown that it takes several positive customer experiences to make up for one negative one.
Build Word of Mouth for Your Business
Whether you operate your business in a small community or in a large urban center, word of mouth is more important than ever. Most consumers turn to the net to search for reviews of businesses before deciding where to shop, so building a good reputation is vital to the success of your business.
Expand Your Marketing Efforts
Effective marketing is key to increasing your sales, but you don't have to break the bank to promote your business. There are many inexpensive ways to market your products and services, including:
- Creating and using a promotion kit
- Sending out promotions with your invoices
- Joining professional organizations
- Build Your Online Presence
- Creating a professional-looking website can be quick and easy nowadays, and your small business needs to be in the online space. Research from the E-commerce Wiki indicates that 88% of consumers now research purchases online before purchasing in a store.
Cut Your Business Costs
- Business costs135 for everything from office space to vehicle expenses seem to always be on the rise, so keeping expenses in check is a crucial task for business owners.
- Keeping track of expenses is time-consuming and tedious, so wherever possible try using new technology to make the job as easy as possible.