Small scale industries contribute for socio-economic development in the following ways:
1. Small scale industries constitute the largest share of industries in India. It accounts for around 45% of total exports. Some of the most prominent industries are gems and jewellery, sports goods, handicrafts etc.
2. Small scale industries employs the second most number of people only after agriculture and also generate more opportunities for employment as per capital invested.
3. By manufacturing simple products with minimum capital investment they benefit the people of the region and help eradicate regional imbalances with respect to industrial development.
By ensuring rapid decision making it is enabling faster implementation of projects that results in enhanced output.
5. It requires very less capital to start, so it is providing a means to interested citizens to become self-employed
6. Custom made products for the citizens who want customized solutions.