Skip to main content
Rajnish SharmaTop Contributor
Content Creator || Android App Developer
Asked a question last year

How comfortable you are with failure in a startup?

Where am I?

In StartupTalky you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Rajnish SharmaTop Contributor
Content Creator || Android App Developer

Startups are hard, and failure is guaranteed. The fear of failure is paralyzing and will lead you to make poor, shortsighted decisions. Even if the startup succeeds, there will be plenty of broken promises, unfulfilled expectations, and disappointment. Can you handle it with determination and grace?

Real failure is about not doing anything, only living like a ghost in a rat race. The more you have goals the more you can improve your life but also the more you can fail because you can’t succeed in any endeavor. But this is not a big deal. As long as I have dreams and energy to move forward I’m still improving whether or not some of my goals are not reached.

Plus, you can sometimes succeed on the surface but this success leads you nowhere and bring troubles. You can fail and learn a lot from the process or realize during it that actually this is not what you really want or that this is not what you need so that inspite of calling this a ‘failure’ you’ve gained a lot.

Failure is when you stop being in motion, when you stop acting and doing things, not when you can’t ‘succeed’ in reaching whatever goal you set up.