1. Community is power! The major part of any business equation is your audience. You need to be able to connect with them in a meaningful way on a regular basis.
If you have an online community, you can co-relate the following-
- Build up trust over time, which creates loyalty.
- Listening helps! Take good feedback, implement some of their suggestions where it makes sense, then they will feel valued.
- Customers feeling valued and empowered to tell your story is an incredibly powerful tool for brands.
- Will generate buzz about your brand, allowing you to create opportunities to engage potential customers.
Building an online community takes work on a daily basis. You need to constantly find ways to create new and engaging content to spark discussion and positive experiences with your brand. As much work as it may take, the benefits outweigh the effort, and so if you haven’t started to build your online community, you should get started. It took me 3 years to build my facebook group and grow it to over 6K members ->
2. Portfolio is everything! Without a portfolio, nobody will trust you. If you're a web designer, make sure you use your personal website as your portfolio. If you are a writer, make sure to get published your articles on famous blogs.
3. Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones! Every habit you have — good or bad — follows the same 3–step pattern: Reminder (the trigger that initiates the behaviour), routine (the behaviour itself; the action you take), and reward (the benefit you gain from doing the behaviour). This helpful framework can make it easier to stick to new habits so that you can improve your health, your work, and your life in general.
Making a daily to-do list helps to achieve more. I use the simple Google Calendar to breakdown by daily jobs.
4. Offer new services for FREE! When you are a beginner, provide your services for free. You will not only learn faster but, you will make good relationships. In early 2019, I started domaining, I offered free services to my first 3 clients, helped them negotiate on domain deals. By October, I was able to make over 10K with it. In November, I started https://fullpower.domains, making it a side business. [Field of interest, not just for the sake of money making].
5. Value the people you hire! They are human beings first. I frequently say thank you each time they deliver something. I always pay them before time. Make a proper payout structure, what I follow is 40-30-30. Asians have a very bad reputation when it comes to freelancing; it’s mainly because they value money more than relationships. This should not be the case at all.
6. Learn to manage your money; this is one of the greatest lessons for me in 2019. I started my Café in December 2018, put in everything I had [roughly 50K]. It was my lack of management that the Café ended up recently. I had to sell it off for a very low price.
7. Know your limits and potential! This is something which is linked to the above point. My over-confidence in regard to my potential and limits led to the downfall of my Café.
Don’t forget! you are a human being, and you have your limits.
8. You can't keep everyone happy. People message me, call me. I can't reply to everyone. And I don’t apologize.
2019 has been the worst year of my business journey! Things happened! Partnerships were broken, new partnerships were made. It’s Life! You cannot blame everyone!
It’s that time of year: we’re giving up things, being bombarded with detoxing tips, planning on getting thinner or fitter. But will it make us happy?
Acknowledge that every resource you need to create change is already in you.
When you look around and notice the challenges and goals people have overcome and achieved in the history of the world, it is nothing short of incredible.
To overcome challenges and achieve goals we need a set of resources, and we were all born with these resources. Sometimes it is easier to blame others for our situation rather than empower ourselves and make an effort. You have a choice, and now that you are informed you have a responsibility to yourself to create the good life you deserve.
WISHING EVERYONE! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Let me know in the comments what did you learn in 2019?