Entrepreneurial journey is difficult, fucking difficult!! It’s a very long post,
grab some coffee and enjoy.

On 15th March 2017 I met with an accident, got Ligament Tear, took leave for a
week, returned office on 23rd March had a meeting with my manager and the next
day I was got fired in front of Managing Director who hired me. 5 years of trust
vanished in 5 minutes. No fucking company cares either you work for 5 years or
15 years, they kick you out in 5 seconds.

Here comes the actual struggles, I didn’t searched for another job, I thought of
starting a new business myself with what I left in my pocket and I didn’t
informed my family about the incident and the accident. I came from a
lower-middle-class family where my father runs a small kirana store, who always
dreamt of his son getting a government job or private job with a high salary who
can send some money home for expenses.

A fine day I informed my father about not doing job and have an idea to start
online business. My father didn’t accepted asked me to join in another company.
Most of the Indian parents don’t accept their children to start something unique
because of the society they live in. I fought with my father and came out of my
home to start the entrepreneurial journey.

No idea how to start, all I left was 36k INR in my pocket. I got an idea of Home food delivery. A start-up called “Tinmen” funded by “Zomato” who is already doing that. Researched about their business model, spoke to their delivery partners, customers and their home chefs, and came to a point that this business model does not going to work in the long term. Now I need to do something what “Tinmen” is not doing, they already built a market for us.
Now, to start a home food delivery, I need an app, kitchen, utensils, chefs, packing materials and delivery partners. Where you no need to invest on outlet, utensils, delivery partner or a chef. All I can manage from home, where I can cook, pack and deliver. Now, I need a platform to sell, thought of investing that money for an app and packaging materials. Met so many developers and vendors about an app and packaging materials but no one accepted with the budget I have. But a budding freelancer accepted to develop a website. And a vendor gave me an idea of packaging with low budget.

My first entrepreneurial journey took me almost 5 months, after so much struggle started “Fysu”. My wife gave me her gold, took loan from the bank to survive for next few months. I targeted employees, started marketing in LinkedIn, got a single order on the first day, packed in insulated bag and delivered to the customer on time. Felt happy for the first order, thought no one is going to order. This is how “Fysu” started. Wondering what FYSU is!! “Fuck You Start-Up”.
Twice met with an accident while delivering food, even my Father's Death did not deter my passion. I cried a lot but my first preference was to deliver food to customers on time. I make sure food is delivered to customer and attended funeral.
We opened a cloud kitchen in Hyderabad with the profits earned, because I had a wild vision for what a cloud kitchen could be: zero-waste, mission-driven and vegetable-forward, with an unapologetic focus on the well-being of our team and of our customers. It ended up taking 18 months to execute that vision -- between finding the right location, building it out and being constantly at odds with our landlord, we opened months behind schedule on September 10, 2019.

Becoming responsible for the livelihoods of 25 incredible people, who took a chance on a pioneering project, was one of the most profound learning experiences of my life, and there is never a moment I feel anything less than privileged to be an entrepreneur.
On March 22, in a blink, the pandemic turned our gem into a lemon. Our core philosophies, the very reasons I opened it, became the reasons we had to shut down.
The comeback is always better than the setback, they say. So, when I close the doors on my first entrepreneurial journey FYSU, it won't be goodbye. A part of my soul remains there, after experiencing so many of my life's milestones within these walls.
Here comes the next journey. I have all the experience to start a new venture with low budget. Left Hyderabad, came home town to start something, researched and find out what people are missing. There are many needs that are not available in my home town. Came with an idea of a super app – Anything anywhere delivered to doorstep. Right from Taxi, food, grocery, medicine and so on… Now all I need is
1. APP
2. Office
3. Employees
4. Delivery Partners
5. Vendors
6. Marketing

Everything I did was copied, did not wasted time from naming a company to executing. Hired a freelancer from Vietnam to develop an app who accepted for $300. 100sqf.ft office at a rent of 2500 INR. Hired interns who are interested in startups. For logistics partnered with Zomato riders. Vendors accepted for 18% commission. For marketing, came with an Idea “1KG Chicken @ 99”. That was a hit we got 250 new registrations. You won’t believe it, all this happened within in a budget of 50k.
Here comes the struggles again, the developer who developed TAPZU App is no more. He was such a brilliant guy, made it simple and easy to use. 3 click delivery unlike other Apps. Technology is the backbone for logistic industry. I have no enough budget, all I can survive for next three months. I took it as a challenge, if not this, my life is not going to end.
Anyone who is interested in doing something what others not doing, join with us. Lets have some roller coaster ride.
To do something, you just need to move your ass. ~ Pavan

Originally posted by Pavan Ankam on LinkedIn
link: linkedin.com/in/pavan-ankam-64114039